GUESS THE DUMB Week 7
I’m going to venture a guess and say this is the happiest Shu will be in the final three episodes.
So, um, that sure was a flashback, wasn’t it? I guess it’s nice to get a look back at the people who stumbled into this mess in the first place, but I don’t think it added much except some fodder for this post and that one guy basically being ageless and pulling the strings and whatnot. Whatever. Also, Shu’s dad is kind of a dork and TAKES ON EVERYTHING BY HIMSELF JUST LIKE SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE.
Anyway, fun time guessing time for fun begins now!
1. We’re on a boat! Sure. OK. Right.
2. Gai’s one missile defeated the entire United Nations. They seriously can’t be backing down after that one weaksauce attack, right? I can’t be too hard on this, because this is anime and this shit happens all the time, but it doesn’t mean that it’s not dumb.
3. “Here, double traitor, have this Big Book of Exposition. It’s on me!” It sure was nice of Gai to give everyone flashback material and something that undoubtedly holds the key to solving this big mess. He’s basically a Bond villain at this point.
4. “Yes, that’s right . . . DAD. *dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn*” Not that dumb, especially since it’s put into context later in the episode, but this is basically me apologizing for not putting in last week’s “revelation” that Shuuichirou and Haruka are siblings. A bad oversight on my part.
5. Space virus! I’m torn about this. On the one hand, I think it’s hilarious that the writers threw their hands in the air and said, “The Apocalypse Virus comes from space! Whatever!” It’s such a lame explanation that I love it. On the other hand, I do like it when writers don’t explain things that don’t need to be explained. Does it matter where this virus came from? Not really. Any possible explanation has probably been done to death. But, hey, gotta fill time somehow.
6. “I am going to rock that baby’s world.” No explanation necessary.
7. “Just leave us all alone in church; we’ll be fine!” No need to take your children with you to get their father! lol contrivances lol
8. Science! “So we use science to control the virus . . . something about the heart . . . fancy words that don’t make much sense . . . another dash of science . . . BAM!”
9. Guilty Crown has been a fetch quest all along! Not gonna lie: This filled me rage. Not only is it super dumb, but I also hate video game fetch quests. Anything that reminds me of Donkey Kong 64 automatically goes on my Shit List.
There we go. I think that’s enough to go around, yes? Have a poll, you lovely folks!
The winner of last week’s polls should be unsurprising. Although I voted for Haruka’s escape, the Shuper Saiyan is quite the silly moment and a deserving contender to the title. But is it strong enough to unshackle the grand champion? Yes, once again, the F Troop may be fucking awful at invading hospitals, but they are beating the hell out of all comers in this rinky dink contest. Will Shu “Jesus Christ Buddha Mohammed Jehovah Goku” Ouma be able to top them?!