GUESS THE DUMB Week 6
I debated internally about using this as the lead image, but fuck it, we all knew Shu was getting those primo powers back eventually, so I don’t think it’s a high-level spoiler. But I won’t discuss the particulars out in the open because they’re funny and stuff.
Anyway, what can I say at this point? This is definitely an episode of Guilty Crown, complete with all the hilarity and silliness that entails. It’s bad storytelling on every level, but it’s the kind of bad storytelling I can get behind (minus all the creepy rape). That said, let’s get to the voting!
1. Mama Shu escapes! I gave the episode the benefit of the doubt after this particular bit of stupidity occurred; I waited patiently for some brief flashback to explain just how the hell she got out of there, even if it ended up being a dumbass explanation. But it never happens! This fucking show. Shuuichirou shoots at Haruka at point blank range, but not even half a minute later, Guilty Crown shits on its own stupid mini-cliffhanger by showing that Haruka escapes, even though it’s utterly inexplicable. Unfuckingbelievable.
2. “He died a hero’s death.” By doing nothing while getting shot by his daughter even though he just sliced up a bunch of random guards. A hero, I say! A hero!
3. The greatest disguise in history. Why didn’t Solid Snake ever think of this? Just get a nice knit cap, sneak around behind someone, and bam! Instantly undetectable.
4. The third MacGuffin has arrived! We all knew this would happen, but that does not make it any less dumb, so it kinda has to go on here.
5. “Hey, you, you’re totally a jerk for betraying all those people I also betrayed! You totally sold out, man! You used to be cool!” Guilty Crown is really cornering the market on hypocrites.
6. “You sly dog, you caught me monologuing!” I mean, what did he think would happen?
7. “By the way, I am going to shoot and throw knives at this Void Genome I want for myself.” An excellent plan!
8. All your Voids are CRAAAAAAAWLING INNNNN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIN. From a story point of view, Shu’s Void makes sense, because it’s what we’ve seen him do the whole time. But hearing it explained aloud in that awed, “Shu is the second coming of Jesus Christ” tone is fucking hilarious. He absorbs everyone’s sins, and their diseases, as well! I sure hope Shu doesn’t know anyone with the clap, or else this could get awkward.
9. Shu is inside Segai. Snip snip! What a terrible way to go out.
So there you have it! Get to voting, folks!
There was an even spread of voting for last week’s collection of dumb moments, which is a testament to how epically stupid ep18 of Guilty Crown got. But the clear winner as chosen by you fine folks . . . Inori becoming one of the X-Men! That hair, man. That hair.
Who will she take on this week? Guilty Crown‘s fascination with rape was a strong, strong contender, but the F Squad continues its run with yet another victory! Will any moment be able to top those intrepid F-Troopers?